For many people, listening to music is a way of life. We like to listen to music both at work and in life.
Many headphones now have waterproof and sweat-proof features. But if you need to put them completely in the water, like swimming. Then you need a pair of headphones with higher waterproof rating.
We have found through testing that many headphones have high waterproof performance, but if they are put into the water for a long time, it will still affect the performance of the headphones (Bluetooth connection, etc.).
In order to buy a truly fully waterproof headset, we have created this guide to provide you with all the information you need.
5 Best Waterproof Headphones 2021:
|Swimbuds SPORT Headphones||4.7 x 4.7 x 2.6 in||4 ounces||IPX8|
|LETSCOM Bluetooth Headphones||3.9 x 3.9 x 1.9 in||4.8 ounces||IPX7|
|Hydroactive Waterproof Headphones||9.7 x 5 x 3.5 in||6.4 ounces||IPX8|
|H2O Audio Waterproof MP3 Player||2.3 x 1.2 x 0.8 in||3.52 ounces||IPX7|
|Plantronics BackBeat FIT 2100||4.3 x 6.3 x 1.9 in||0.96 ounces||IPX7|
The Swimbuds SPORT waterproof earphone is the highest waterproof earphone (IPX 8) we have ever tested, so you can swim or bathe it.
It comes in a variety of sizes with earplugs and a total of 11 earbuds to choose from, with Swimbuds third generation Hydrobea sound.
In addition, it has an extra cable extension cable, which greatly enhances its usability and it satisfies all your activities.
Why is it our first choice?
The most important reason is that it has 4 different styles of waterproof earplugs:
- Tree tips: A watertight fit to keep the water out and the sound in. Tree tips come in small medium and large. Suitable for most water activities.
- Fin tips: Fins are designed to fit the contours of your ears to ensure a comfortable watertight seal best for swimming laps.
- Ergo tips: Ergos fit the outer ear for extra comfort, especially when wearing a swimming cap. The design allows for ambient noise to filter through so the user doesn’t feel isolated.
- Round or mushroom tips: The standard round earbud sold standard with most headphones. Great for casual day to day wearing.
If you like swimming, then it is perfect for you.
They are very flexible and maintain high durability. Especially in the water, it provides clear audio even when the volume is small.
In terms of waterproof performance, it is IPX7 certified, ensuring their safety even when immersed in water. Because their internal components are covered with a nano-coating, they have a good seal.
This is a sporty earphone that is ergonomically designed for comfort, can be worn on the head or neck, and can be easily connected to Bluetooth.
In addition, it has a built-in microphone for hands-free calling and voice commands.
The wraparound settings of HydroActive waterproof headphones are the main reason they appear in this list.
For those who don’t like in-ear headphones, they are definitely the best choice.
Its wraparound wrist strap fits snugly around the neck or head, and even if you swim fast, you don’t have to worry about them falling off.
In addition, HydroActive comes with four different types of earplugs, including trees, fins, ergos, and round earbuds (not for use in the water and more suited to everyday use).
If you don’t have a waterproof audio player, then this Waterproof MP3 Player is definitely worth buying.
Its design is very compact and 100% waterproof, you can attach it to goggles, hats or clothing.
This is an MP3 Player with 8GB of memory and can download more than 2000 songs. The supported music file formats include MP3, WMA, FLAC, and APE.
In addition, it supports Bluetooth connectivity, which means you can stream music from your phone or other Bluetooth device.
If you are going to the gym, running, hiking or cycling, you can use H20 Audio as a set of wireless headphones connected to your phone.
This wireless waterproof fitness suit makes Platronics a real upgrade.
They feature a flexible BackBeat fit design with earrings that are extremely safe and curved for ergonomics.
The innovative ‘always alert’ earbud tip design ensures that you can listen to audio but also be aware of your surroundings.
In addition, they are IPX5 / 7 certified, making them very waterproof, and dust and air tightness make them one of the most rugged solutions we have studied so far.
They have all the advantages of Bluetooth connectivity, hands-free calling and voice activation, and it’s worth noting that they can also be controlled by the app.
What to Look for in Waterproof Headphones？
- Comfort: Waterproof headphones are available in both wireless and cable versions. The earpieces come in a variety of shapes and sizes (both in-ear and in-ear). You need to make sure that the pair you choose is perfect for things that don’t slip when you move.
- Sound: If using a pair of waterproof headphones is crisp for you, clean audio is important to you, so pay close attention to the sound quality. Some models are also equipped with noise reduction technology, which is ideal for traveling or working in a noisy cafe. Also, please note that some waterproof headphones support Bluetooth, while others require a wired connection.
- Features: Some headphones are made to immerse underwater, while others can withstand sweat and rain. The distance they are submerged varies, so consider how to use them before you buy.
IPX waterproof rating
We all know that the waterproof rating is a measure of the waterproof performance of headphones, so what is the IPX waterproof rating?
IP stands for International Protection or, in some cases, Ingress Protection. IP (or IPX) rating is the marking that describes the level of protection (provided by the enclosure of the device) against dust, water, and ingress of other particles or fluids .
You can see its waterproof rating on the box of the headset, You can click here for details.